Alpine’s Marine line was recently named “Favorite Stereo Manufacturer” in Powerboat magazine’s 2010 Readers’ Choice Awards! Readers were asked to submit their favorite brands within 20 different marine categories. Alpine’s line of dedicated marine products came out on top in the audio category!
- 4/3/2 Channel Operation
- Stackable Installation Design
RMS Power (at 14.4V THD+N, 20Hz – 200Hz)
- Per channel into 4 ohms: 100W x 4 (0.08% THD)
- 100WRMS x 1 @ 4ohm/2ohm (CEA-2006)
- Marine Coating System
- Salt/Fog (ASTM B117) Certified
- UV (ASTM G154/D4329) Certified
- 4/3/2 Channel
- Low-Pass Crossover 50Hz-200Hz variable
- HP/LP crossover 30Hz-400Hz variable
- “Quick connect” High Current speaker terminals
Alpine introduces its award-winning line of Marine sound system products. Whether you want a simple sound upgrade for your runabout, a high-quality system for your cruiser or sportboat, or huge output for your ski/wakeboard boat, there is an Alpine Marine system just right for you. Constructed from UV resistant materials and finish, and corrosion resistant hardware, these bad boy amps are ready to rough the seas.
Accurate Dynamic Sound Reproduction
Alpine’s goal is to deliver the best sound quality possible. With the Marine PDX series, digital switch-mode amplification yields incredible sound quality. Advances in the PDX design include improved feedback circuitry to faithfully reproduce the input signal for improved dynamic range and higher fidelity. If you’re listening to your favorite rock song, your amp is ready to jump from loud to calm and back again with ease. Play it longer with the engine off!
The PDX amplifiers’ unique design allow for a clean, easy, and fast install. All the controls and wiring connections are in one convenient location.
PDX amplifiers are 60% smaller than previous models with the same output power. Install your amps easily without sacrificing valuable room, power and performance.
The PDX amplifiers feature a smart stackable design. All PDX amplifiers of this generation are the same size, regardless of the amount of power or channel specifications. Their exclusive design allows them to be stacked vertically on top of one another. This is an industry-first installation option that saves a ton of space. Stacking hardware is included with Mono amplifiers only.
Low Resistance, High Current Speaker Terminals
Quick disconnect plugs with low resistance and high current capabilities make installing quick and easy.
More Power, Better Sound
PDX amplifiers deliver outstanding sound quality. The revolutionary design of the PDX incorporates improved feedback circuitry and power supply filtering system, plus a damping factor that is 350% better than Class A/B amps.
Unprecedented Sound Matching & Accuracy
A highly effective Powerful Feedback Circuit accurately compares the amplifier’s output against the original music signal. If there are any differences found between the two, the feedback circuit automatically removes the distortion in real-time! This keeps your music true to the original recording without added distortion or filter noise.
Same Power Output – 2Ω or 4Ω Configuration
PDX amplifiers have the unique capability to deliver the same power output regardless of 2Ω and 4Ω loads. This provides the ultimate in system flexibility and subwoofer configuration diversity.
Power On Demand*
A combination of an advanced power supply, Class-D design, and switch-mode digital amplification allow PDX amplifiers to stay extremely efficient at all power levels. This produces less heat, eliminating the need for large heat sinks, just another reason why they can be much more compact than conventional amps.
The PDX amplifiers use Direct FETs device to make switch-mode digital possible. Direct FETs are very small output devices that take up less room and they switch on and off extremely fast when needed. Their ultra high-speed switching capabilities allow them to perform at frequencies that other Class-D amplifiers struggle to reproduce. This provides control over power consumption, and cooler operation.
*Full Range PDX Amplifiers Only (PDX-4.100M & PDX-5M)
Features and Specification
CEA-2006 Power Ratings
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: (4/2 Iemail@example.comV Ƈ%THD+N), S/N 76dBA (Ref. 1W into 4 I?): 100w x 4
RMS Power Ratings
- Per channel into 4 Ohms: (@14.4V Ƈ%THD+N, 20Hz – 20kHz) 100W x 4
- Per channel into 2 Ohms: (@14.4V Ƈ%THD+N, 20Hz – 20kHz) 100W x 4
- Bridged 4 Ohms: Bridged into 4I? (Ƈ%THD+N) 200w x 2
- Crossover: Variable, 30-400Hz (-12dB / oct ), Low-Pass/High-Pass /OFF Selectable
- Heat Sink (WxHxD) mm: 257mm x 192mm x 62mm
- Heat Sink (WxHxD) in: 10-1/8” x 7-9/16” x 2-7/16”
- Power Requirements: 14.4V DC (11V to 16V)
- Input Sensitivity: 0.2V to 4.0V (For Rated Power)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+0, -1dB)
- Speaker Impedance: 4 or 2 I?
- Signal to Noise: CEA 2006 S/N Ratio (IHF A Weighted, Reference: 1W into 4I?) 76 dBA
- Connectors: Quick Disconnect Terminals
- Terminal Layout: One-Sided
- Screw Mount / Wire Cover: Integrated Wire and Mounting Screw Terminals
- Mounting Design: Easy Stacking
- Amplifier Type: Class-D (Switch Mode Digital)
- Channel Design: 4/3/2 Channel
- Thermal Control: Thermal Management Control
- Power Supply: Fast Switching, Low Impedance Direct Fets
- Power Supply Design: DC-DC PWM Power Supply
- Board Circuitry: STAR Ciruit
- Current Protection: Auto Over-Current Protection
- Power Indicator: Top Mounted Blue LED Power/Status Indicator
- RCA Output: Non-Fading Pre-Amp Output
- Crossover: Adjustable High Pass, Low Pass
- Connector Plating: Gold Plated Input, Output, Power and Speaker Terminals
- Pre-Amp Stage: Discrete
- Final Outputs: Fast Switching, Low Impedance Direct Fets
- Board Design: 4-Layer Glass Epoxy PC Board
- Gain Control: Adjustable